Pakistani Matrimonial

Saturday 9 July 2011

How to design a Business Card in Photoshop

A photoshop tutorial on designing a simple business card.
This tutorial will not have step-by-step pics, but I'll do my best to give you great steps and deep in detail sophisticated steps in text for you to follow really easily and which will be of high significance.
To begin with, I'd recommend for you to use Photoshop, that's what I use most of the time.
Photoshop, is really recommended an with its adequate amount of filters and tools available for use it is great.
Click me for my contact info and see a portfolio!
I use Photoshop CS4, I've yet to earn myself some more salary for upgrading it to CS5. Pst, that doesn't matter.
Open a a new canvas, width: 510 and height: 286.     Also 300 resolution.
Reminder / Note: * You just need for it to be in a rectangular shape, so mine was just for this tutorial's purpose.
Well, anyways now you have opened it. First thing you need to do is to go to Image > Mode > and then check "CMYK."
CMYK is the standard for printing, and by default the document is RGB. (Unless you have a calibrator, don't make in RGB)
Choose your gradient, I used a black to dark black gradient linear. Then I just dragged it from one edge to another edge.
Now, we have a smooth black color background right? Now let's move on to the next step - On a new layer, fill it with black and go to filters > Add Noise. Add a bit of noise to get that marble type texture.
Then 2nd, take out the marquee tool, and just simply make thin rectangle lines and fill it with orange color. I used a gradient, Light orange to dark orange linear. Then place the lines wherever you like, and add your text.
For text, important! I suggest using Adobe Caslon/Cashlon Pro or Calibri or the normal Arial font.
Here on the text, you can use a dark gray color and add a stroke via blending options.
I added 2px stroke, you can choose whatever color that looks fancy on it.
Then all you require is a bit of creativity with the typography, like add "|" in between the texts and stuff.
Bottom right add your contact no, at left add your address etc etc. If you have a logo of your company add that in middle or at top left.
In end, add a gradient map B&W and put it to luminosity. That will adjust and blend all colors which were uneven. :)
Now if you want for me to design you a business card, or something.
Check this link it's an image based portfolio it includes my team's email :
Click me for my contact info and see a portfolio

No comments:

Post a Comment